MILS

What's the dumbest, rudest thing your MIL has said...I choose not to medicate my baby with OTC medications. He has a cough and runny nose...no fever...instead I opted for humidifier, saline drops and baby rub...she's freaking out on the phone to my husband "HE NEEDS COUGH MEDICINE" "What are you guys Tom Cruise Mormon believers" WTF? She's said stupid stuff before...but this tops it and I was pissed!

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Both of my girls are adopted from China, and just after our second referral MIL told hubby she didn't "like Oriental kids but guess our oldest was 'ok' "! How rude......

Plus she didn't know why we wanted to "waste our money" by adopting. Well, first off, it's OUR choice and secondly, it's OUR money, so who is she to say?

She continues to be rude. I just keep waiting for God t get her back for all the mean crap she's done to me over the 21+ years!
    Anonymous

• On my wedding day when she said "I'll give it 6 weeks...6 months on the outside"..We've been married over 25 yrs.
    Anonymous

• when preggo with #3 (#1 is not bio hubby's) my mil said "i hope you have a boy since you already have a girl" #1 is a boy and #2 is a girl
    hubby did not talk to her for 4mths after that comment, but then he did and it was good he did cause she died 2mths after he started talking to her again
    she mostly meant that one girl and two boys were better than two girls and one boy, but didn't say it that way
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 9:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Use to call my daughter piglet and she said don't call her that whatever you call her she'll grow up to be. That's why Paul is short because we always called him little paul. I could not believe it.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My mil has never said anything rude or derogatory to me but I think that the op mil takes the cake b/c not only is it rude it is really stupid b/c everyone usually knows that Tom Cruise is a scientologist. Lol.

micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Mine never says rude stuff... We get along just fine..
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 11:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Hmmm, well my husband and his family are Christian and I am Muslim, when my daughter was born I wanted to name her Yasmin. Literally 4-5 hours after I had given birth to my daughter she had found out what I wanted to name her, she said "How could you give her a Muslim name, she will get made fun of for the rest of her life" needless to say I was not a happy person.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My current MIL hasn't had anything to do with her sons or grandchildren since she moved to England many years ago so I don't have to deal with her. When she makes a trip to the US every 3 years to her sister's home 2 1/2 hours south, my hubby takes our children down to see her out of respect. I refuse to go.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2009