How long does it take to concieve?

My husband and I have been trying for over 3 years now...nothing yet!! Its just getting frustrating!!

youngstep_87

Asked by youngstep_87 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It totaly depends on your body and timing. Are you keeping track of when you ovulate. Try this website, it will help you keep track of when you ovulate www.fertilityfriend.com

vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• If you are under 25, you should see a doctor after 12 months of unprotected "trying" sex. If you are over that, you shouldn't wait more than 6 months.

Make an appointment with your OB/GYN or simply ask for a good fertility specialist to go to. GO! Both of you.
    And good luck! It took me over 3 years too.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• It took my husband and I 2 1/2 years. After 2 years we went to a fertility specialist and started on Clomid for three months. After that didn't work we decided to try Invitro and made an appointment. The month before the appointment, we got pregnant.

You should definitely go to a great fertility specialist and make sure everything is "working" with both of you. It could be just a simple little problem that can be taken care of or it could be nothing at all. There was nothing wrong with us, I just think I was overly stressed about it and as soon as I stopped thinking about it, boom we were pregnant.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Im going on 3 years 9 months and 2 days, so idk. But gl and try seeing a doc for it.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• If you haven't already, I highly recommend seeing a reproductive endocrinologist to get a workup. There might be something correctable that is making it harder to conceive naturally, such as blocked tubes, cysts, hormone levels out of whack, etc. He should get a workup too.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• 6 months with the first, 5 with the second. Tracking cycles both times, and considered obese. In addition to other less than healthy habits. Everyone is different. Have you seen a specialist?
    Anonymous

• My DH and I tried for sixteen months. Around month 14 I was dx with PCOS (poly cystic ovary syndrome - hormones out of whack, causing me to be an-ovulatory) and hypothyroidism, which contributes to my hormone imbalance. We decided to take a break, and now we are getting ready to try again (I went back on bcp for five months), only this time we are planning to use Clomid - next month! I am very hopeful. Anyway, I would highly recommend that you see your doctor, or better yet a reproductive endocrinologist (they know more, trust me!) since it has been so long. Before you go, note down a few things for him: typical length of menstruation, typical length of cycle, severity of pms and menstruation symptoms, frequency of sex, etc. Those will help him figure out if there is anything to be concerned about. Good luck, friend! My prayers are with you.
    sometimes-hope

Answer by sometimes-hope at 1:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2009