What do you think about doing this for my son's first birthday?

my son's birthday is in march and i was thinking of taking him to the Oakland zoo for his first birthday. It will be on a wednesday. my dh doesnt care where we go. What did you do? Do you think its a good idea? Did you buy a cake to?

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 9:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• I had my daughters 1st bday at the zoo too. It was a lot of fun. We had it the Saturday after her birthday but it was in May. I think that if you know what the temp is like a couple weeks before then you can kind of judge what it's gonna be like. My sister-n-law makes cakes so she made a sheet cake and a mini cake for her. I made a lot of cupcakes for others people. I had 45 people there . . . we have a huge family and they loved the zoo.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 9:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My son's burthday is in June and because he was the first granschild on both sides it was a big deal and everyone wanted to be part of it. So we did a under the sea themed party in my mom's backyard and family and friends were all invited. It was a huge party and so much work! Everyone had a great time and he ate the under the sea cake I made for him!
    For my daughter's birthday I tried to do the same thing except we didn't get the same turnout. For my 3rd childs I'm not sure what we're going to do but I think the zoo is a wonderful idea!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• For a 1st, they have to have their own little cake to tear into!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2009