41weeks i may get induce i dont want to !!have an apt on friday to know wats rong n get a ultrasound .any advise Thank ladies..

miriam14

Asked by miriam14 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• people say that the baby will come when its ready.. however if your that far along.. i'd listen to the doctor and know its OKAY to be induced.. you don't want the baby to pass its first stool and swallow it.. there is a reason why doctors don't want you going past 42 weeks. don't think of it as failure or something just that the baby needs a little "boost" :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Well, I know many women on here would say to tell them "No" and not to get induced but if you are at 41 weeks, then I would do it for the safety of the baby. I am a stillborn mom and belong to a group on here.... there are too many stories about babies and accidents after 41 weeks. Cord accidents, low fluid.... whatever. Just my opinion but I would get the baby out while it's okay and healthy.
    So, no need to bash, if you haven't been through a still birth, then you don't need to share your opinion on me "promoting" induction
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• i got induced at 41 weeks the piticon made the contractions alot alot alot worse but everything will b okay ur body jus might need a boost to get labor goin thats wat mine needed!good luck
    Brinkleysmommy1

Answer by Brinkleysmommy1 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• =( sorry about your loss ashjoe.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I was 41 weeks when I had my son. What probably will happen on Friday is they will do the normal things that they do and then discuss options. They may send you to the hospital where they will put a pill in your cervix. You will have to stay at the hospital for about an hour after they do this. They will then come examine your cervix and then you are free to go. You will then have to go back to the hospital the next day where you will be admitted and given pitocin(sp?) in an i.v. drip to induce labor. If they don't do this then they may wait until after the weekend to see if you will go into labor on your own. If not then they will most likely do it on Monday.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• and i just looked at your belly.. HOLY COW GIRL. YOU HAVE TO BE READY TO HAVE THAT BABY!!! =) Good luck by the way
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Thanks krazyash... I'm just trying to make other mom's aware that it's not always best to wait it out
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Ask them to strip your membranes first, it is painful, but it worked for me with #2. There are no drugs involved, the doc just scrapes the plug and it irritates the cervix. I would do this before inducing. My induction ended in a c-section, but whatever gets a healthy baby is worth it.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Why would something be wrong? If it is your first 41 weeks is normal. Normal is actually 38 to 42 weeks. Also, if you don't want to be induced then don't.
    Anonymous

• Hopefully you will go into labor on your own...however after 41 weeks the amniotic fluid decreases and the placenta may not be functioning as well...so its really in your babys best interest to go ahead and induce....:)
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 9:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2009