TANIF (sp?)

ok so im going to this place called job corps and they say one of the requierments (sp?)
is i need to get on TANIF and i told my self i would never need to get on gov help
but if i go to this job corps place and finnsih my training to be a nurse i could at lest give my baby a some wut better life then i had
(my boy friend is a medic for the army and not the babys dad so i dont want him to be the only one supporting all of us)
but i would feel really really bad if i got on TANIF
does anyone have advice????

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know what Tanif is, BUT if it is something that is going to put you where you need to be in the future then I would say go for it. It's about you and your baby!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Help is there for people that can use it to make their life better - take the help, get yourself into a good place in life. Perhaps you can keep track of how much assistance you get and make a promise to yourself when you're a nurse and doing well -- you could slowly donate that amount to a local woman's shelter as a way to "pay it forward" :)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• No one can judge you for doing what you have to do to get by. Well, they can judge you, but who really gives a rats behind what they think? Sometimes you need help. Hey, I waited to have my kids until after I was finished with my Masters degree and married, and before having kids we had decent money....now we need help.
    Anonymous

• Take the help, esp if it will help you with a dream of bettering yourself and making the life of your child better. You've been paying into it for years with your taxes, dont feel bad about taking back a little bit. It does not make you a bad person or a lowlife. Its not like its your dream to sit at home strung out on the couch and get paid. You want a job and a better life for your child. Do what you gotta do to get there.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 10:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I believe Tanif is a "Colorado" thing. I never heard of it until I moved here. But what I understand it is help for ladies that are pregnant or with young children. I suggest you take all the help you can get while you can get it. Look into everything, WIC, Section 8 housing, reduced childcare, job training. I can't believe I am saying this, but things in my life have changed and you know that old saying about judging people until you walk in their shoes. I know you may feel like it is a handout, but it isn't like you intend on sitting on your hind end. Use it to get yourself ahead in live. You never know, the way our government is going all these programs can be wiped out and where will we all be????
    patipwa6

Answer by patipwa6 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• TANF is not just a Colorado thing.
    I say do it!
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 12:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yeah we have it in our state, it is not meant to be a permanent thing, its called temporary assistance for needy families, There is no shame in getting help if you need it. Someone that I used to work with told me something that made me feel better, he said that It would be worse for me if I didnt take advantage of the resources available to me, that is why they are there, to help you for as long as you need it. You dont want your baby to go without, or possibly jeapordize your health which is very important for you and your baby.
    1stTimeMommy254

Answer by 1stTimeMommy254 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 2, 2009