Pregnancy and Sex HELP !!!

I asked this in the pregnancy category, but I want to ask it here to. cuz I didnt get every many answers.
My husband and I have had a fairly normal sex life the whole pregnancy. TILL NOW!! I’m 36 weeks pregnant and the doctor said it was fine to still be having sex. But all of the sudden he just stopped wanting to have sex. Just stopped didnt slowly fade away Just STOPPED It has been 19 days ( yes I have been counting , don’t judge me .. haha) but I’m losing my mind here. it not like he is scared it will hurt the baby. he said thats not it but he never said what was wrong. I'm having a problem with this just cuz I'm scared that he is not attracted to me any more. I guess my question is… Did this happen to you? what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, I'm 26 weeks, and I haven't had a strong desire for sex for a couple of months now, so I think what you're going through is 100% normal, don't stress out about it.
    CassandraDiva

Answer by CassandraDiva at 11:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• trust me girl my fiancee said it wasn't because of the baby either but it really was! He could just be scared since he's not sure about pregnancy stuff that he could hurt the baby or as my fiancee finally put it, he was scared he was going to scar the baby for life since she was getting closer. He said to him everytime he thought of sex with me he just thought of the big belly and causing me to go into labor. I wouldn't worry
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 10:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• but also my fiancee just said it also scared him because he KNEW sex can cause women to go into labor so he didnt want our daughter to come too soon but he might not be telling you because hes a man he's supposed to be MANLY lol
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 10:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• There is a huge chance that he may be having scared thoughts about the baby that don't have anything to do with the physical aspect. Some men get scared about what they have to do soon. They start to realize the huge responsibilities that they have coming up. Especially with you so close to giving birth he may just be a bit scared about finally being so close to becoming a dad. You might want to try and talk to him. Maybe there's some decisions that you two need to make together. Things will work out fine....gl!!!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Have you tried initiating anything? You can still have sex at the point you're at. You can even be on top, some men LOVE that. Try surprising him, he may think that because you're at such a delicate state that you're not up for having sex. Also, women as far along as you can get REALLY moody, I know I was. My poor husband was amazing putting up with my mood swings. But the worst part is we don't know that we are moody. Try setting the mood for him, let him know you appreciate him being there with you. I hope you get you some! lolol, good luck!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• you know hollyrose just might be true my daughter wasn't coming out so my doctor actually told me to have sex to try and break my water he just might be scared to cause you to go into labor
    tasha080808

Answer by tasha080808 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Sleep naked, he'll come around.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 10:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Well the thing about him thinking it might start labor he doesnt know that. i thought he did but he doesnt. I know this cuz we were watching this show and this girl told her hubby they are going to have sex so the baby would come out and he started laughing and was like stupid girl that cant make you have the baby. so for the sake of our sex life i didnt tell him it could. i know my hubbys not the brightest bulb in the pack...lol lol !!
    Anonymous

• It didn't happen to me, but why don't you guys try mutual masturbation?
    Anonymous

• Same thing happened to me. I am 38 weeks now and we haven't had sex in 3 weeks. My dr actually wrote one a prescription to have sex and sign it so I would start dilate and contract but he wont I am so mad. Here I am 38 weeks and I have not started to dilate efface or contract AT ALL and he wont help me.
    Anonymous