have you ever....

....been 2 days late, when tested got a Negative but waited a few more days and actually been pregnant.

AF was due on the 30th and i am still having no signs or symptoms of her. i tested the day she was due AND this morning... using FMU (first morning urine) both times. i am at a loss and i don't know what to think. i just figured that if i WAS pregnant then i would def. have my + by now. can i still be pregnant and just not have enough hormones yet??

sarahkaystone

Asked by sarahkaystone at 10:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have heard that you can have a false negative but never a false positive. Some women who take an at home pregnancy test just don't show positive even if they are pregnant. I would wait a few more days and if AF still hasn't come then I would go to the doctor for a blood test.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Yes, I have. And I wasn't pregnant. Mine actually just came a week late.
    alinabrown

Answer by alinabrown at 10:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• yeah, that is what i will probably end up doing. i am just so impatient and nervous!
    sarahkaystone

Answer by sarahkaystone at 10:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I got a negative test 2 weeks ago at 42days into my cycle... I have crazy cycles soo a period mia isnt uncommon for me. I re-tested on monday day 55 and it was a really really strong postive. I would wait a week (I know its hard to do) if you still don't have a period re-test.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 12:45 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Don't freak out - you could be pregnant, or you could just be late. The key is to be as relaxed as possible, so that you maintain your equilibrium. If you're pregnant, you'll know soon enough! If not, a stress free life helps a lot in conception. Good luck, my friend!
    sometimes-hope

Answer by sometimes-hope at 1:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2009