Why are women so unapproachable

I would really like to make more women friends, but being a woman myself, I find it hard to approach other women. Women, to me at least, seems more catty, jealous, and just down right competitive when it comes to other women. Why? I would like to be your friend..tell me how? I am a great friend =)

denswife

Asked by denswife at 10:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• we are all those things, but the thing is we NEED woman friends because we need a backbone support that men cant understand for example pregnancies and we are more emotional. Its just the way we were made it cant be explained. But usually I make friends from girls that have the same similarities as I do and we like the same things or we spend a lot of time together like some of my co workers
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 10:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• DUNNO ID LIKE TO KNOW THIS ONE MYSELF..SEEMS HARDER AND HARDER TO MAKE FRIENDS AS YOU GET OUT OF SCHOOL..MAYBE WOMEN JUST GET TOO WRAPPED UP IN THERE ADULT LIVES TO THINK ABOUT MAKING NEW FRIENDS?
    idebusashes

Answer by idebusashes at 10:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Where do you live? I've been looking for new mommy friends too! Women tend to think the world is against them. We've been taught that everyone is just trying to make our lives harder. Anyway, pm me if you wanna talk, I'm a good friend too!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• It's a personality thing a lot of women feel threatened by other women expesially if they are more prettier than they are or thinner or have more money.Most of my friends are my husbands family.

kim168

Answer by kim168 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• well hello ladies the name's tasha and i have a 4 month old daughter named Dalyla (aka baby love) nice to meet ya'll
    tasha080808

Answer by tasha080808 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I have found friends in various organizations, especially volunteer organizations where people have similar concerns.

Answer by Bmat at 10:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I know huh.. and they always have to cause drama and make their life sound perfect and tell you how crappy yours is..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 11:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Ever since the rise of the term frenemy...Girls scare me. I have only a couple of girl friends that I fully trust.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I know women are funny like that. I can be friends and talk to anyone.
    mommykishi

Answer by mommykishi at 4:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I have never understood these women who have no women friends - who don't trust women. Honestly I think it's rather creepy.

I love and adore my DH beyond compare but holy heck - he's just a man. I would be completely lost with my friends - they help me deal with the minutiae of life. We help each other, make each other laugh, and just generally have fun together. My life is certainly not perfect and neither are theirs but that's what is so great - we all have different problems and strengths so we can help each other.

I mean, wtf? You're basically saying you can't get along with 51% of the human race? Yikes!

Just be yourself and make an effort. It worked in kindergarten and it will work now.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2009