What do you think about this?

When my son was about 4 months old I took him to the doctor. I don't remember if I took him to get his shots, or if I took him for something else and they asked me if I wanted him to get his shots since I was already there. Anyway, he got the shots he needed and I thought all was fine. I handed the nurse his immunization record and she took it to fill it out. Well, she came back and told me that she put a different date on it because she had given him the shots earlier than she should have (they should have been more spaced.) I was pissed but I let it go. So now as I am learning more about vaccinations it makes me worry. I feel like an idiot! I feel like finding the real date that he got his vaccs. and writing it in there. Uuugh! What do you think about this?

bellasrose71008

Asked by bellasrose71008 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I would complain to the physician about his/her nurse and then demand that the dates are charted appropriately. What if your child has a reaction or something? The hospital will want to know why and will look at you funny if you hand them the immunization record with a different date on it.

I found a vaccine schedule on the CDC site here: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/default.htm
    And a blank vaccine record here: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/immuniz-records.htm#recording

I know some peds give a little booklet, but it helps to have something straight from the CDC who sets the guidelines for vaccines. Hope your child is well.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:04 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Wow, that was 100% wrong on her part. Next time be more cautious and maybe just spread them out.

Anonymous

• yeah its there fault. switch doctors. find someone more responsible, and next time, god forbid it happens, make sure you hold them accountable, even if it means in court. children can get sick from vaccines if not properly done
    soldiermom1986

Answer by soldiermom1986 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• oooh that would burn me up ugh! I would talk to the pediatrician and see what they think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• my son recently got his shots for one year. they had to redo one of them because they gave the second set were given a week too early. so he had to get them done this time and will have to get the fourth set next time.
    hsprinkel

Answer by hsprinkel at 10:59 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• How far off was the date? A few days is nothing, really.

I had to get a booster shot to start college because my shot records showed I received the original vaccination 3 DAYS before I turned one. It wasn't given within "state standards" or some such thing....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2009