IPhone 4.... can you help me figure this thing out!

I just got an iPhone 4 from my brother in law, but he lost the book to it. So I am trying to figure out if i can change the menu items, (where there are icons such as - Messages, notes, utilities, stocks, camera, ect.) I also wanted to know if it stays connected to the internet 24/7 or only when I access the google browser. :/ I have verizon and I do have a internet package, but not sure if this phone is staying connected all the time or just when I actually go online. Thanks for all advice.....

BabyBeans0506

Asked by BabyBeans0506 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 20, 2011 in Technology

• If it says 3G you are connected but you need that internet package in order to have that. You can also connect it to WiFi if you have access, gives you better speeds. You can change the icons around, just hold down your finger on one until they wiggle, and start sliding them all over the page (or to a new page), or you can even delete them. Once you download apps you can move them around as well.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 20, 2011

• If you go into settings, you can completely wipe out everything your BIL put in the phone, and start over with only stuff you want. Apple has tutorials on their site of how to do pretty much everything. I hated mine for the first few days I had it because I couldn't figure out how to do stuff. Now I love it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:45 AM on Sep. 20, 2011

• Here's a list of iPhone manuals available online: http://support.apple.com/manuals/#iphone
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2011

• once you get the hang of it you will love it!
    teeg1

Answer by teeg1 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 20, 2011

• Thanks guys! :) I have only had a smartphone for like 3 months now, and I am already jumping head first into a iPhone....lol. *sigh*... I will check out those manuals.
    BabyBeans0506

Comment by BabyBeans0506 (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Sep. 20, 2011