after pap smear...

I was spotting after i got a pap smear on monday and im still kinda spotting today but its brown. Is this normal?
Im 10 weeks preg

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know I did the same thing and my doctor told me it was very normal. As long as it is light. I think you should call your doctor to be on the safe side. Good luck and congrats...
    jepelican

Answer by jepelican at 10:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Yeah it is.. Your cervix was irritated and brown blood is old blood, it is just losing some that was already there.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, it is. I wish more OBs were like the one I had with my son. She doesn't do the pap until after 12wks because spotting is so common afterwards. She didn't see the need to put expecting moms through that kind of stress.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Yes it happens to me as well.. I also bleed like that after sex if it isn't easy on the cervix .. Once pregnant ur cervix are much softer and sencitive..
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• yep normal. in fact, I personally and have also heard of a lot of other women that spotted until 12 weeks preggers for no good reason. I had an angry cervix that would bleed at the slightest touch.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 11:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• it is normal to spot after a pap but for how long im not sure..if it really concerns you, you should call your dr. to be safe
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:26 AM on Jan. 2, 2009