1st prenatal appt.

Im pregnant with my first child and im curious to know what usually occurs at the first prenatal appt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they will jus check you out do a ultra scan wit the prob thing that goes up your vag. and then a pee test and blood test..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 10:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• blood test and ultrasound
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Asking you your first day of your last period, a pap smear, talking about prenatal vitamins, giving you your "estimated due date", checking to see if they can hear a heart beat... umm I am having a brain fart! That's all I can think of right now! I'm sure everyone else will fill in my blanks! Good luck!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• For me I just peed in the cup and they scheduled my ultra sound and bloodwork and the next visit i have the pelvic & breast exam.. and will discuss the ultra sound results.. Congrats to you!!
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Ugh... the first is the worst IMO. They usually do an u/s, a pap smear, a blood and urine test and sometimes a breast exam. Also, the typical, weight... height, blood pressure.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• depends on the insurance to be honest..with my first 2 i had kaiser..they made me go to a mandatory class to learn about mommy hood and there they did my blood test..the 2nd apt which was the first apt with the dr. they did the internal ultra sound and a pap.. with this one i have medical and the first apt was blood work. they dont do internal ultra sounds here for some reason..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• medi-cal..county insurance
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:24 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My first they did the pap, brest exam, urin test, like an interview to ask about you and the dad history, and give you the EDD. Than schedualded the ultrasound and lab work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2009