I'm 39 wks pregnant 3cm dilated 80% effaced and at a -1 station how for do u have to be to get induced

froggy68

Asked by froggy68 at 11:58 AM on Sep. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Most doctors won't induce without a medical reason, you are very close to labor right now I would just wait it out. The doctors may 'induce' stronger contractions once labor starts, Hang in there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2011

• Generally you won't get induced unless your baby is not moving, your baby is under stress or you are at 41 weeks or later.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 12:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2011

• Around here, they only induce if you are either at 42 weeks with no signs of labor or have a medical reason. Just because you are dilated and effaced means absolutely nothing. Your body is not quite ready for labor, why rush it? Your baby still needs to move down slightly, as he/she is pretty high still.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2011

• I had your exact situation and the doctors asked me if I wanted to be induced because they said I was a good canidate. So I did at 39 weeks and everything went great. With my second the same exact thing happened but I chose not to because I wanted to know what it was like to go into labor on my own. Plus I knew I wasn't really due for a couple weeks later than the due date they gave me. If I did it again I would choose to go into labor on my own. You are less likley to maybe have a csection and if I wouldve done the same thing the second time I wouldve had my baby 3 weeks earlier than he was ready to come.
    ellad

Answer by ellad at 12:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2011

• Induced??

That isn't about cervical info~ it is about a baby who is no longer safer inside.

Are you having serious complications that make induction a consideration?
    If so, you probably don't have time to think much about the cervix, baby is in danger.
    Induction is dangerous so be sure you Truly NEED it.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2011

• hmn... when i was 3 cm... my son came with in that week.. so just try tp be patient...
    u can sit on one of those big pilates ball.. super comfy when prego.. well for me atleast... or have sex .. ive heard that helps.. or simply pull out ur mucus plug...
    idk.. i heard that from a lady one time.. there was a women that was pregnant and she just wanted to have her baby already so the other woman told her that she can crouch down and carefully just pull and make circles up there ( by the cervix)... but im not sure if i would have done that or not.. i was induced with the twins only because i was at 3 cm and the dr was worried.... it was with this plastic stick thing.. im sure it was sterilized BUT IM NOT SUGGESTING THAT U GO AND POP UR OWN WATER BAG!!!! do not do that .. .. hows ur contractions.. try to speak to ur ob/gyn....
    hope this helps.... but soon enough baby will come..:)
    crosario651

Answer by crosario651 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2011

• If u are at 3or4cm an are hurting call ur dr he/she will more than likely have u go in 1 more week be strong an good luck
    mummy2b777

Answer by mummy2b777 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2011

• Well where I am from people are induced regularly without having a medical reason! You can choose to be induced at 38 weeks but you have to be at least 2 cm dilated....but it sounds like you are almost there without having to be induced!@!
    DavidsMom0218

Answer by DavidsMom0218 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2011