Hi cafe mamas! My baby girl turned 2 December 10th. I stopped breastfeeding, just 5 days ago. I was wondering if anyone can tell me when, I will stop producing milk? Is everybody different? Will it take me longer, because I nursed for so long? Thanks Ladies, Emily

blueyezdream

Asked by blueyezdream at 10:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I stopped breastfeeding at 18 months and never really noticed when my milk dried up. At that point, my breasts had already shrunk to smaller than their pre-pregnancy size. I weaned slowly, so I wasn't getting engorged while I was still feeding her and thus didn't ever get engorged after I stopped. I think that every woman is different.

Congratulations for nursing your daughter for so long!
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• You can wear a tight bra and that will help it to dry up a little quicker.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 11:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• everyone is different.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I was fully dried up in a month after nursing for just a week (I know, I'm awful). My mother breastfed me until I was a year old and she never dried up even after another year! She had to go to the doctor to get medicine to make it stop.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 11:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I gradually introduced the bottle and worked down to one breastfeeding a day, then none. By that time the milk was greatly reduced, and it was about a week before it stopped. .

Answer by Bmat at 11:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I more or less dried up in two weeks but still would have droplets when I showered for 5 months or so.... Ugh! So annoying...
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 3:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Milk can be there for a whole year after weaning, no matter how long you nursed. Every mom will be different. Cabbage leaves in your (NOT TIGHT) bra. Tight bras can cause you problems so don't go there.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:46 AM on Jan. 2, 2009