hot (spicy foods)

I'm not sure if many of u know what flammin hot cheetos are but I love them! They are so HOT though. Is it ok to eat those while preg? My brother scared me when he said im boiling the baby...he's such a jokester, but him saying that really made me think about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Haha no your baby will be fine. When I was preg with my daughter I ate like milllions of Tabasco wings. The worst that happened was the horrid indigestion I got after it lol. Take a few tums and you will be fine! (:
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 11:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• lol yeah the baby will be fine.... but you don't want to sit there and eat bags and bags of em just because you crave them... trust me i craved chocolate and ice cream and cookies and oh boy it's kicking my ass now
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• eat up while you can! later in your pregnancy you might want to avoid the super spicy stuff-it makes the normal heartburn and refluxing of pregnancy that much more miserable.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 11:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I ate jalapenos like a mad woman throughout my entire first pregnancy. We have this place called Burrito Bandito and I lived off those burritos. The workers would ask if I wanted extra jalapenos and I would say yeah and then I would look at their idea of extra and ask for more. LOL MY DD loves spicy foods. I wonder what my craving will be this time around?
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 11:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• your brother is a funny guy...ask him if you swallow watermelon seeds will you grow watermelons too....lol
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I ate those while I was pregnant, plus alot of Tabasco sauce. I craved the spicy stuff duing the early part of my pregnancy but towards the end of it I would get heart burn and indigestion so bad I would throw up. The baby will be fine, but I would suggest keeping lots of tums/antacids around. (:
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jan. 2, 2009