nausea- no vomiting?

It sucks. If I was puking then at least I would have something to show for this terrible lingering queasy feeling. Anyone else experience this? How long did it last?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did, it was horrible, it lasted my entire pregnancy, all three times. I know, it sucks. Hopefully it won't be that long for you. Alot of people get better after the first trimester.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 11:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• with baby #1 I threw up every morning and #2 i felt like but never puked.. And so far with #3 I only feel yucky once in awhile but not for long...But with the first 2 it lasted til the 2nd Trimester
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 11:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I never threw up but i did last about 2 months and then from there it was off and on
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Til 16 weeks almost exactly. Drink Gatorade... it helps :) That or something bubbly worked for me. Are you taking your prenatal pills in the AM?
    Anonymous

• Yes. It lasted in steadily decreasing severity from 5 weeks pregnant through 14 weeks pregnant. I figured out that if I kept my bloodsugar up I felt better. Eat smaller amounts starchy and sweet foods more frequently. Eat what appeals to you at the time. Don't worry so much right now about proper nutrition. If yogurt and toast is what you want for all three meals today, do it. Also, taking my prenatal vitamin at night helped me to not be as sick in the morning. Taking a ginger capsule could help you, and also ask your doctor about taking additional b vitamins.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 11:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• P.S. you might feel better for a little while after you barf, but the sickness just comes right back again. It's not worth letting/willing yourself to barf.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 11:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• 27 weeks and still feel that way! Not much you can do but eat small meals and ginger ale.
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 11:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I am the same way... My hubby things im lying because i dont throw up.. But i feel like someone sat me in a chair and spun me around a million times faster and faster... Ugh... I wish i would throw up..Maybe i would feel better... Good Luck hope you feel better soon. im 10 weeks and feel somewhat better.. Im on different Prenatal Vitamins... Maybe talk to your dr... :)
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 11:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• try ginger gum, tea or capsules. it can help. b6 also helps. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Hi, It's the OP. It is hard for me to vomit anyway because I spent a good part of my teenage years dealing with bulimic tendencies. I know TMI, but between forcing myself to vomit then and taking laxatives it is now hard for me to vomit and laxatives no longer work. I take prenatals throughout the day, two pills, three times a day. I didn't have hardly any nausea with my first, so this is new for me. I just had a pickle and that really helped. I was talking about it with DH and he said that the low PH in the pickle juice might be what helps. I cannot stand ginger. I am only five weeks along, and have had nausea since about 3 weeks 5 days along.
    Anonymous