How do you keep your head when you have to live in total insanity?

Due to extenuating circumstances, my fiance', daughter, and I have had to move in with my parents for what will be a total period of about 5-6 months. The 1st month was grand. The 2nd, as good as you could hope for considering it's a tiny house, one bathroom, I have no car, we're all poor, etc. But since then it's like I'm reliving TEENAGER HELL. The fantastic thing is that now I KNOW that I was a great teenager and that my parents were really the messed up ones. The bad thing is that I never recovered from the damage they did to me back then. Living here is causing me to suffer. Literally. My mother is totally crazy, my dad is cruel, and they are both driving my fiance up the wall so he's on edge with me too. My poor daughter is stressed and throwing a lot of frustrated fits. I'm having a nervous breakdown. We have a few more months to weather, but I'm out of tactics. How can I keep my sanity living in Bedlam?

laadeedah

Asked by laadeedah at 11:04 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• i'm sorry, it's an awful situation you're in. but soon enough, you'll be out of there. just always say, OK to your parents (let them think they are right) and just go in your room ...out...if they're home when you are in the day time, go out with your daughter and fiance. good luck getting out a.s.a.p.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• speachless lol sounds bad
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 11:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• don't stay in the house a lot thats what i do just visiting my MIL for one month
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 11:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• a ten pound sledge hammer does wonders for screwed up relationships with realitives
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 11:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• go for lots of walks..lol youll get through it! been there its hell trust me..i NEVER want to go back (mine was my in laws)
    idebusashes

Answer by idebusashes at 11:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• If I were you I would just stay in my room all day. That's what I did when I lived at home with my crazy mom; just to avoid conflict. Make sure you clean after yourself and your daughter too so that they won't have much to say.
    mommykishi

Answer by mommykishi at 4:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2009