Could you inform me on the evangelist religion...is it the same as christian?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Have a read of this. Evangelicals are Protestant Christians. Hope this helps!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelicalism
    Anonymous

• If you believe that Jesus Christ is your GOD, then YES, its Christian isnt it?
    Anonymous

• Yes
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:09 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• evangilist is just a call on your life. to evangilize is basically to preach or teach. so an evangilist is just someone who feels the call of preaching on their life. it is christian.

the evangelical group of christians is a term to describe a wide group of people. it can be non denominational, or have a specific religious name.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• We are all evangelist called to go out an share the Gospel...teaching that Christ is the only way the truth and the light so yes depending on WHO the evangelist is I would hope they are Christians sharing the Gospel. We do not have to stand behind the pulpit in order to evangalize.....

TalithaStarry

Answer by TalithaStarry at 9:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• When I think of Evangelical Christians I think of the Religious Right, or Born-Again Christians...they are Christian, as are Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, Episcopalians, Presbyterians, Protestants and so on. Catholics, remind me of Evangelical Christians. They are Christians, as they believe in Christ as God's son and our Savior...I just think they are more regimented than other religions. However, that is just my view. Others may see it differently. Actually, when they speak of the base in the Republican Party they speak of the Evangelical Christians and Catholics...which doesn't make them bad people or Christians. Too me, they appear unbending in certain instances -- where I believe, as a Methodist -- talk would be more to the point in that same instance, but then again, that's just one person's view, therefore, take it for what that's worth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Talitha, I question that theory. All of us are given different gifts. Some have the gift of evangilism, while others don't.
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• evangelism is to evangelise as christians we are all called to do this but some have the gift and the ability to win souls but we are all still called to preach the gospel to the nations no matter where we are!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2009