is it normal to have low vaginal cramps when your 28 weeks pregnant?

I've been having these really sharp cramps and they are really low. My husband and i have stopped having sex and the pain just wont stop. Is this normal? Please help me!

leahwoo

Asked by leahwoo at 11:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just got back yesterday from the hospital for that . . they said I did the right thing by coming in im only 27 weeks but they gave me med. to stop me from going into labor as well as a muscle relaxer and pain killers . . .
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 3:02 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• cramps or like a sharp stab? Is it steady and consistent?
    Anonymous

• sharp stabby pains to the right and left of your lower tummy are most likely ligament pains caused by the ligaments being stretched so much. They're normal and harmless to your baby but they hurt so take it easy! Learn to move slowly and crouch when you sneeze to avoid hurting yourself. Real cramping of your uterus might be Braxton Hicks contractions (also normal) but you should ask your doctor anyway if you think you're having abnormal contractions.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 12:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• it isn't braxton hicks it right in the middle of my crotch (lol sound sick) but its like it a steady pain! It hurts so bad i hardly slept all night. the pain stopped for now. also my baby has been so active since all this happend. he still has been moving non stop. this is crazy!
    leahwoo

Answer by leahwoo at 6:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2009