Lonely wife

Sometimes I feel that I am totally alone in my home. Me and my husband have been together 7 years. We have a son. And my husband pays no attention to me. He is a firemen and is constantly at the firehouse. When he is not there the "guys" call. Ever friday he goes to the "club"(it's a private bar). He never wants to do anything with me or my son. I have to literaly drag him with us. And he complains about eveything.He never compliments me on anything. He never kisses me or shows affection. The only time he wants me is for sex.(which isn't great anymore). I've tried eveything .And I have to do everything in the home. Cook,clean,fix things,school for son,and when my son was young he never changed a diaper or got up in the middle of the night. He hates that people call him lazy but honestly it is true. He says he loves us but I am at my breaking point. I've really thought of divorce.Please give me advise.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• You sound really unhappy, I would leave him. What good is it doing you OR your son to stay with him?
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• talk to him!! give him an ultimatum!!
    soldiermom1986

Answer by soldiermom1986 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• have you told him your not happy and your having these feelings?
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 11:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I have a GREAT book I'd like to suggest, however it's written by a Christian and rubs a lot of women the wrong way. If you are interested in knowing the title and reading an excerpt, feel free to message me =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• try marriage counceling and the book "the five languages of love"
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 11:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I am a recovering firefighters ex-wife.I know exactly how u r feeling and would love to try to help.Ultimatums willnot work w/these guys and trust me your son is learning good and bad lessons.When people hear "fireman" they think hero but unfortunantly sometimes they are heros to everyone but their own families.Divorce rate is very high and women wives spend their lives fighting against his "other" family-the firemen he serves with....email me anytime.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I was going to suggest the 5 languages of love too. HOWEVER, I know what it's like to have a big baby for a significant other. He has to change or it won't work. Love isn't ever enough to make a relationship work. If he's lazy and self-absorbed then that book won't ever sink in. You'll find yourself living by it while he only uses the content to his advantage to suck you dry even more. I guess I'm in no place to give advice, but I know I'm still trying to force a similar relationship to work. It's still too early for me to tell if it will last. Good luck.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 12:05 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• you need to jus tell him its his family or his friends.. he needs to be home wit you and his child he helped make him he can help raise him too. its not jus you who needs to be doing everything.. maybe you could tell him you want a trail seperation..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 12:09 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Tell him what you will accept, and what you will not accept. You have to have boundaries. If you're unhappy let him know it. Get some counseling. If this doesn't work, it may be time to move on, doll.
    beforeyoureyes

Answer by beforeyoureyes at 12:55 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Watch "fireproof"!! It is the perfect movie for you!! It is even about a firefighter and his marriage. You can find it on netflix. Also, check out

www.fireproofmymarriage.com

Please look at this first before you give up, k. Good luck.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2009