In heat....at 4 mos old....already???

So I posted here a little while ago about my kitten who was kicking out litter out of her litter box...well, now she's onto something else. Last night, my sister n law noticed she sticks her butt up when she rub it, and she's meowing A LOT. She's only 4mos old....is this normal to be in heat already? And how can I fix it?

jamiesmom8788

Asked by jamiesmom8788 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pets

• She very well could be in her 1st season.Check with your vet if you want to get her spayed.Is it possible that she is more than 4 months old?

Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 12:09 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• my cat looks like she is 4 months, but she is older, probably about 6 or 7 months. she also went into heat already. i talked to the vet and they said that it usually happens for the first time at about 6 or 7 months. the only way to stop it is to take her into get fixed. they can do it while she is in heat so don't worry about that. you can also google cats in heat and they can tell you more. good luck, my cat drove me crazy!!
    melissa916

Answer by melissa916 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• She is in heat and will continue this behavior every couples weeks until she is either spayed or gets pregnant.Have her spayed please.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Well, I plan on having her spayed for sure, but I just don't wanna do it too early if she's not old enough...and I know she's only 4mos old cuz the lady I got her from said she was born Sept. 1st of this year. And my brother's gf is a vet tech, and she said that i might have to wait it to out to make the age mark for her.....
    Ya, she is driving me crazy, but I know it's a part of nature and that there's nothing I can do about it. It was funny seeing her go for my nephew though!! lol....he doesn't understand.....
    jamiesmom8788

Answer by jamiesmom8788 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• They can go into heat as early as 4 months. I had a foster cat who came to be at 6 months and she was pregnant. She has since be spayed and rehomed, as were the kittens who actually survived. She was so tiny :-(
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:01 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• yes she could be on heat so get the spray and see the vet
    supermum2

Answer by supermum2 at 6:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Do u have any other female cats around that are older, that can send them into heat early, I took what I thought was 6 month old cat into have nutred, when the vet opened him up, he found out he was only 4 months old and would not performe surgery, now he has to go threw it twice.
    kittycatwomen

Answer by kittycatwomen at 8:29 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• because it can affect their urinary track if its done to early, get second opinion, if u r vet don't know for sure!

kittycatwomen

Answer by kittycatwomen at 8:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I know this might not sound nice, but if ur not sure of age u can ask ur vet for a sterile cu tip and insert into vagina and that will take her out of heat and u can wait until she is 6months so she don't have health problems down the road!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• You can get cats fixed at 16 weeks.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 2, 2009