does any one know anything about xbox360

my xbox 360 makes a loud noise when we have it on, and its brand new, is this normal or is something wrong with it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It should not be making a loud noise. Do you have it up off the ground (not sitting directly on the floor)? I would take it back.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• sumthing is probably wrong with it.. it should be quit.. maybe the fan is broken
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 12:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• The XBox360 has a history of problems and issues. They are trying to work them out but in the mean time they have a lot of returns. I don't know where you bought it at but if they offer a 1-2 yr warranty I would advise paying for it. Best wishes.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• If it has a red ring where the controller is supposed to be then it's dead-it was a defect in product.My son is playing right next to me and he said a loud noise is not normal and you should take it back to get another one.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think there is certainly some malfunctions with that xbox 360 at least yours didnt freeze up like my sons I dont even know how much its going to cost to repair it and I bought mines used from a game store no wonder whoever had it before me didnt want it it probably did the same thing to them!!!
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 12:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Oh, in response to the post above me....it's called the "Red Ring of Death", it is happening often. We were warned about this and said if it happens then it's ruined.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My husband says that the 360 tends to sound as if it's overworking itself when it runs software. Make sure it is well ventilated, standing upright is the easiest and most effective way of giving it proper ventilation, keep it off the floor, and depending on the size of your hard drive you can ease the loading time and the amount of work the hardware does by back-upping the game onto the hard drive (this will still require the game to be placed into the system, it simply decreases the work necessary).
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:18 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• my uncle had to replace his 3 times! i suggest buying a fan for it! as soon as we bought ours we purchased a fan for it and so far no problems thank God!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:04 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I'd suugest putting it in a well-ventilated space (media cabinets trap too much heat, we pulls ou out when we're playing) and make sure it's stabilized on it's surface (anything electronuc will rattle if it's not sitting right).

As for the other XBox problems, they've been extending the warranty on them constantly, so I'd check out Microsofts website to see what you can do. Depending on the date of manufacture it shouldn't matter where you bought it (I know this is true for the Red Ring of Death problem, anyway, and they're super good about fixing it!). Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Usually if they are running loud they are overheating, the fan they come with stinks. I bought the extra fan and mine was on constantly and worked great.. until the warranty expired, then of course I got the red rings of death and had no choice but to get a new one.
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2009