Hi, I got my period December31st, when do I start counting the days to seewhen I'm ovulating??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• you should be ovulating jan 14 .......it starts 14 days after the first day you started your period
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 12:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• There is no way you can tell when you are GOING to ovulate. You can tell when you ovulated, and if you are very regular, you estimate when you might ovulate, but you can't know for sure. You usually ovulate 12 days before your period.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 12:20 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Day one of your period was cycle day one. BUT....not everyone ovulates on day 14. Don't just count. Go to the bookstore tomorrow and pick up a copy of "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. It will really help you.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:29 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I did different things to change it up a bit. We would do it on day 10 and every other day after. Or we would do it everyday from day 13 14 15. ttc became insane for us but it is what we needed to do to have children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Your ovulation is based on the length of your cycle...You can't just say count 14 days from the first day of your period. www.babycenter.com has a great ovulation calculator you can go by... Your cycle length is based of the 1st day of your period to the 1st day of your next period. It gives you a good weeks time of fertile time. I hope this helps...
    Cubsgirl02

Answer by Cubsgirl02 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Not everyone ovulates at the same time mine was 21 days after my cycle.  It depends on how far apart your cycle is.  The best thing to do is to buy an ovulation monitor or sticks.  It will let you know when your ovulating so you can take the guess work out of it.

Anonymous