how do i cook a turkey like this...

I have a 10 lb butterball turkey and it is thawed but I have no room in my fridge and I am afraid if I set it outside,it will refreeze.I was wondering if I could put it in the oven before bed and set temp very low and leave it overnite?If so-what temp would be low enough so as not to burn it and what is the max time I can leave it in?

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 12:26 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• That's happened to me before - lol! Darn those side by side fridges with the small freezers. I agree with the prior response that cooking on low temp overnight risks drying out the bird.

If I were you I would just prep it and cook it as you normally would, getting up in the middle of the night to check it.
    PortAngeles1969

Answer by PortAngeles1969 at 3:55 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• you could but that long of cooking will leave it extremely dry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Will it fit in your crockpot? You could always cut it up and put it in the crockpot. It will dry out terribly in the oven overnight. Do you have a simmer burner on your stove. You could also simmer it overnight and debone the bird in the morning. You would end up with a ton of wonderful turkey stock, plus the meat. Toss in some onions, celery, carrots, and salt & pepper to season the stock.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• ty ladies I just cooked it for 6 hours overnite on about 200, checked it,kept it covered and it stayed juicy and fell apart.ty for the tips!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2009