original sin

How can mothers hold a brand new baby a believe that they have sin? This one of the reasons I left Christianity. In Islam we believe that babys are born pure. I am not trying to offend anyone but how can you believe that a tiny baby has sn, when you hold a brand new baby it is the most purest feeling

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 6:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Travel

• Because Eve could not keep her hands off a fruit tree, and Adam held ALL of humanity in his loins, We are ALL born sinners. In God's eyes. Children are held blameless untill the age of reason for their sins, which could be almost any ager over 7 I'de say.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• i am christian and i have never heard of this. not saying that is isn't out there. i believe that every baby is born pure. and stays pure for quite sometime. im sorry that the christian religion let you down like that but i am happy for you if you found happiness in your new religion.
    cokalea

Answer by cokalea at 6:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• The Bible says we are all born with a sin nature. Meaning we will all one day succumb to this and sin. A baby is blameless however. Anytime the Bible speaks of salvation from sin, it also speaks of the innocent. I believe this includes babies, children and even adults who don't have the mental capacity to understand what it means to sin, confess or recieve salvation.
    HadassasMommy

Answer by HadassasMommy at 6:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I am a Christian and I completely understand and agree with you! I believe in the idea of original sin. I do NOT believe that original sin would keep a baby from the kingdom of God. That's just insane!
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• i answered this question already, how many times has she posted this
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Why is this in the Travel section? Some people are nutty!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jul. 24, 2008