Becoming a Good Christian Mom

Iam a 21 y/o. a mother of a 2 y/o baby boy. I turn 22 in 2days and I am seeking a personal relationship w/God. I wan to instill religion in my son and I decided to beome saved. My dad is Anglican (episcopal) he goes tochurch religiously when work permits which is like every week. My mom was raised baptist (she goes here and there). I found a church that I have fell in love with one that makes me feel at home. I decided to get baptized Dec.20,08, but instead once again put my bf needs before mine. Yes, I feel guilty and ashamed. My church has it once a month and the next one is Jan.17,09.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• what's your question dear?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Please send me a message, I would love the chance to talk to you and get to know you!!!!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:28 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I wanted to bring in the new yr as a new woman, cleansed and devoted but I figure 2 1/2 weeks into the new yr. is just fine as long as I do it. I've taken steps to prepare for my new found faith. I recently broke up w/my bf of 4yrs. 3 1/2 wks ago. After 3 yrs and 10 mon he became physically abusive along with the verbal abuse that I endured throughout the entire relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I took a vow of celibacy 1week ago and so far I have been successful. I have a HS diploma, minimum job experience,and have been fully dependent on my ex, how I am going to make it I have no idea but I have hope that God will see me through. I'm scared and sometimes I rethink my decision and want to go back where I'm comfortable, I don't act upon my feelings which is great. I've been sheltered away from the world never been on my own, and haven't had alot of experiences. I
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• am out of my comfort zone. With a history of abuse and the state of my financial situation, I have given myself a minum of 2yrs to find me ,love me, Be a good mother, get on my feet, futher my education, before I begin to move on and date. It is alot on my plate and at times I feel overwhelmed. There are everyday struggles that come along with being a christian and my life's situation makes it harder. Its so easy to run back to the live I lived as a battered woman, b/c I don't know how to be independent yet.
    Anonymous

• Its so easy to trade freedom, self respect, for a roof over your head, food on your table. It's not a fair trade but for some reason eduring abuse seems to be a better fit than women's shelter. Without the proper login and good gudiance this is a common sense of thinking. I myself am able to walk away on my own by asking myself is this what God has planned for me? Others aren't so lucky and need outside help to pull them in and share that God's love is greater than any man's and if God wouldn't treat you like that than why stand for it? Althouh I still have daily battles with going back on my choice, I ask God for help. Is there anyone who has also found it hard to stay on thr right path after turning their life over?
    Anonymous

• *Edited
    Its so easy to trade freedom, self respect, for a roof over your head, food on your table. It's not a fair trade but for some reason eduring abuse seems to be a better fit than women's shelter. Without the proper logic and good gudiance this is a common sense of thinking. I myself am able to walk away on my own by asking myself is this what God has planned for me? Others aren't so lucky and need outside help to pull them in and share that God's love is greater than any man's and if God wouldn't treat you like that than why stand for it? Althouh I still have daily battles with going back on my choice, I ask God for help. Is there anyone who has also found it hard to stay on thr right path after turning their life over?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• GL, you do what you gotta do. personally I never needed to be religious or anything to be a good person and make good decisions, but some people need that extra help I guess. I also know mothers who have gone looking for what you are saying you are looking for, and though they claim they have found it, their actions have continued to show that they are simply self centered children looking for another way to feel good about themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• First of all, don't feel ashamed or guilty... we all fall down the point is getting back up and continuing on. See if your church has a discipleship class this will help you to learn more about God, what the bible says, and to grow stronger and closer in your relationship with God. Also, find someone, a strong, positive Christian woman... that you feel you can trust who when you are feeling like giving up or going through a real hard time that you can go to for prayer. I have what a call an "accountability" partners.. she's the one I can trust, who won't judge me but who I can go to for prayer and if she see's issues with me will speak truthfully and honestly and she's a positive person. I hope this helps, and God bless you and feel free to PM if you ever just need prayer.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• good for you, op! i wish you the best in your decision to become more christ-centered, more you-centered, etc. you were right to leave the abusive relationship---there are many support groups available, probably local if you check your newspaper/phonebook, that will help you understand your life/decisions and hopefully, keep you deteremined not to be a victim ever again. your church, or another, may even provide support groups for victim's of abuse. hang in there--no one said it would be easy, but it will get better. there are also of avenues of public assistance, if you need financial help, as well. i'd encourage you to stay strong in your prayer-life, and seek out a 'helper' at your church, someone you can talk to, pray with, study with...connect with..we all need that connection with fellow believers.good luck!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:30 AM on Jan. 2, 2009