Have you ever been in my situation?

My 2.5 yr old daughter was cranky all day. I have not been able to spend good quality time with her for sometime and she was acting out to get my attention. On top of that, I and my husband had a disagreement on how to tackle her behavior. I lost it and when she hit my tummy(i am full time pregnant and she has been asked not to hit the baby), I lost it. I slapped her on the face. I feel so horrible after I realised what just happened. She is acting a bit more cranky after that. Currently she is sleeping close to her dad and would not let me touch her. All the same she cries for me if I leave the room. I feel like a failed mom.
In Tears.

Soya

Asked by Soya at 12:28 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You reacted without thinking-it doesn't make you a "failed" mom. If I were you, I would sit down and explain to her your reaction and apologize if you feel necessary. She may be young, but kids understand a lot more than we give them credit for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• what's "Full Time Pregnant"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I have a 2 yr old and 8 month old....I lose my cool sometimes too...she has her tantrums & I'm trying to deal with the baby and they're both crying....we have disagreements on how to handle ours too...don't worry, she's not going to hate you...she'll be ok..sometimes I have to walk away or count to 10 or something...I feel bad because I catch myself yelling at her & I know that doesn't help the situation...you're not alone..I would guess that everyone has had a moment like that..I've cried too..don't beat yourself up about it...it doesn't make you a bad Mom..it's over...go on from here...give her a big hug & kiss...she'll be fine
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Sorry.. I meant full term pregnant. edd 27th jan.
    Soya

Answer by Soya at 12:58 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Thank you all for your kind and gentle words. I feel better now. I will talk to DD in the morning. I am planning to spend some quality time with her tomorrow.
    Soya

Answer by Soya at 1:02 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• sweetie, don't let anyone try to fool you into thinking they are perfect and never loose their temper with their children! you have not failed! you are pregnant which means tons of hormones!

go take a nice bubble bath and relax! ***HUGS***
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:04 AM on Jan. 2, 2009