Pain in breasts...

I have been breastfeeding for 4 weeks now, and every once in a while I get this sharp pain in both my breasts at the same time. It goes away after a few second but I don't know why. It's not necessarily when they are really full either. Any ideas?

K_Coleman

Asked by K_Coleman at 12:31 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Health

• im pretty sure thats a clogged tube. i had that alot the first few weeks and i called my lactaion consultant and she said that i should put heat in them. if it doesnt go away with that, talk to your doctor about it.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:56 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It could be letdown, or it could be a clogged duct. More likely letdown because it goes away. Your breasts don't have to be full for it to happen.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:24 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It is probably letdown since it happens in both at the same time.

Answer by Bmat at 9:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I had this same pain in my left breast both times i nursed my kids and it turned out to be a plugged duct. Does it look like a little pimple (white head) on your nipples? This pain goes away eventually, it helps when the baby nurses from that breast cuz it helps unclog it. Or you can use a needle to unclog it (that is if you have a little white head)
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2009