How do I keep going?? adult content

5 yrs ago my first husband died. Four months later my Father followed. 3 yrs later I give birth to a stillborn. If one more person tells me I need to be on meds because of all this I will smack them. I don't remember how to cope. The 22 is 2 yrs my baby boy has been gone. I know time is supposed to ease things, but sometimes it feels like it makes it worse. I still wonder where I went wrong.

ColleenF30

Asked by ColleenF30 at 12:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• You didn't go wrong. Tragedy happens in everyone's lives. It is all in how strong you are and how you deal with it. In a five month pierod I lost my grandmother, my grandfather, my father, had a miscarriage and had the dog of 17 years put down. If you dwell on the loss and pain you are going to lose that battle and that isn't a good thing. You don't need meds but it does sound like you need a good therapist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Sep. 21, 2011

• thats alot of loss and my suggestion is counseling to cope or support groups. I am not big on meds unless really necessary....I am sorry for your loss:(
    serenityspeaks

Answer by serenityspeaks at 12:46 AM on Sep. 21, 2011

• i am really sorry to hear about the loss :(
    kornfan87

Answer by kornfan87 at 12:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss and all your pain. You did not do anything wrong. The only thing I can suggest is to talk to someone, also get into a support group with those that know what you are going through. I pray you find comfort and peace.
    violink

Answer by violink at 1:07 AM on Sep. 21, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss & now you have your very own 3 angels.

You went through a very rough time & sometimes it takes longer to heal from it all.

hugs

Salvadorena

Answer by Salvadorena at 1:34 AM on Sep. 21, 2011

• Anniversaries of deaths are difficult, aren't they? My husband's father passed away when he was 18. Now over 20 odd years later, the loss is still as strong as the day it happened. The pain doesn't get any less as time goes by--you just learn to live with it. Hugs.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2011

• You didn't go wrong. Death is a part of life. How you deal with it is up to you. You are here. You are alive, but ARE YOU LIVING? That my friend, is the deciding factor on whether you need help or not.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2011

• I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my first hubby in Iraq, there's not a day that goes by I don't think of him. When he died I was also pregnant with our baby who was 5 months along, due to the stress of his passing, I loss her too. There's not a day that goes by I don't think of them both. And even though I now have another little boy and am married to another, it's part of loving the ones we lost...we miss them, and its okay to miss them. People who think you need meds or need to be over it, are insensitive ab=nd obviously have never had that much pain or they wouldn't be so insnseitive. I hope you feel arms of comfort and know there are people who understand what you're going through..Much love and hugs to you!
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 2:23 AM on Sep. 21, 2011

• I agree, completely. My grandma passed a couple years after my ectopic pregnancy. I felt like I lost a part of me. It seems as though things come in three's, I'm not sure if that's me, but I noticed that. Sometimes things happen that are unexplainable and maybe it's God's way of showing you something great will happen for you soon. It's just that some things happen and you least expect it at the worst of times. I'm sorry you went through those hard times, but it should get better. Just believe it will :)
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 2:31 AM on Sep. 21, 2011

• Words for what you are going though...... well hell there isn't any words I think is significant or meaningful enough on how sorry I am for all these tragedies coming so quickly. You should be proud of yourself on how well and strong you have been even though you think otherwise.
    My mom died last year in october and I felt so lost and upset, and I can't even imagine what you are going through. I have had people tell me "Well I guess it was meant to be" So I if have anyone else tell me that again, I will bury them next to my mom and tell them :well I guess it was meant to be. So OP if anyone else tell you to take meds, I will BURY them to next my mom if you want me too!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2011