'08 Election.....

Does anyone think that Barack Obama's race will be a disadvantage in the Presidential Election? I personally think that there are too many racists in the US for Obama to win.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• What race? We are ALL part of the Human race!!!! We ALL need to be color blind!!!!!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I hope something keeps him out of office! Honestly though, I do understand what you are saying, but so far it doesn't seem that his race is a problem for the majority of Democrats.
    HadassasMommy

Answer by HadassasMommy at 6:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I don't think his race is the problem- He simply would make a terrible leader for this country. His anti-patriotism and views toward our nation is what's not going to get him elected, not his race.
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I think the whole color thing should have been droped along time ago... there are to many races in this country for people to say what color anyone is... i go with what Vbruno said!!!!! and in all honesty i'm going to vote for who ever i think is going to benifit me and my familly..screw race.. sex or other... who ever is going to bring more money in to my pocket and help us live a better life is who i'm voting for.... YUP YUP YUP!
    Sweet_nothings

Answer by Sweet_nothings at 7:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I do not think that his race is an issue at all. It seems that enough of the country thinks highly enough of him to elect him as the Demorcratic candidate. I only hope that he will be the one to put our country back on the right track. I hope that is will be able to right the wrongs that our country has endured over that last 8 years. I am praying for the best
    Haley5

Answer by Haley5 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• anyone who believes that race is no longer an issue in our country is either in deep denial or simply lying...i'll just leave it at that
    Anonymous

• color is an issue in this country, however he has gotten this far so you just never know. I agree that we are one race the HUMAN RACE! Amen to that I have said that over and over in the past
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• i think the race is in his favor as people want to elect him just because of that, no one seems to mind that he is a racist! he said his grandma was a "typical white woman" what if a white said that about a black!! and his minister that he agreed with and said he couldnt turn his back on as much as he couldnt turn his back on the black community! and he stands for nothing!! that ferraro lady was right he is in this race still because of his race, at least hillary wasnt racist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i aree with vbruno
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I don't know. It hasn't been a huge factor so far but I don't know what will happen in November.
    Will I vote for him? No but it's because I don't agree with many of his ideas. I think a lot of his plans will do a lot of damage to this country.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2008