would it be rude?

My 3 year olds grandma takes my son every weekend to her house. She has been doing this for the past 3 years actually! Buys him everything he needs like food and diapears and even toys. He ussally comes home with a new outfit or two as well. And never cheap stuff eaither. Plus asks us if we want her to watch him on holiday nights or anytime like that
So here is my question. We are getting about 5 grand back in tax money and wanted to do a little something to help out with stuff at her house. If we "picked up a few extra stuff" to give to her for her house for him ( diapears, wipes, clothes) Would that be rude?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• no it wouldn't be rude! :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Instead, give her a gift card as a thank you - she may just love doing it. Tell her she can spend it on whatever she wants - give her a card thanking her for all she does and say something like "get something nice for yourself so you will know how much we care about you"....or whatever you think.....
    (She can always use it to buy more for the baby if she wants)
    stannseniors

Answer by stannseniors at 1:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I wouldnt think that would be rude. Its called helping out with yoour kid. Not saying that you shouldnt recieve help but heloping isnt bad either. I want my kids to have a grandma like that...can i have her number lol
    lala83girl

Answer by lala83girl at 1:12 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Okay How much would be good? $200? $300?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Awe! Lol yeah . She would probally love your babies too..
    She is by far amazing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It wouldn't be rude at all. Ask her what she thinks you should get. I bet she'll tell you.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It isn't at all rude to give her supplies for your child. No offense but that's kind of something you should be doing? Maybe I am weird but I always made sure there were wipes, diapers, extra bottles, and clothing at my mom and stepdad's house. Then when I got my tax returns I would take them out to dinner.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:56 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• problemy be very helpful maybe some beautiful flowers to show appeciation for doing those nice things for your child not many grandparents would do that for their daughter
    supermum2

Answer by supermum2 at 5:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• take your own supplies as well
    supermum2

Answer by supermum2 at 5:08 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think that is very thoughtful of you and not rude in the least, but I also think it would be appropriate for you to lavish her with a nice gift just for her from you and your husband as a thank you and then a personal gift from your son (his handprint with his photo perhaps?) would be precious. He can even help wrap it and present it to her himself. She would love that!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:26 AM on Jan. 2, 2009