Do you think a couple who splits up and has a child invovle can ever get back together??? Probably not right...

cass_01

Asked by cass_01 at 1:06 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I've seen it happen a couple times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think it depends on the circumstances involving the split and the age of the people. Maturity has a lot to do with everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My DH and I was married at 17yrs old. A year later we had a child. A year after that we divorced. So, our child was 1 yr old and we had been married for basically 2 yrs. We loved each other but we were young. 5 yrs later we got back together and married. We have been married for 12 yrs now and very happy. We also had one more child in the process. So yes it happens and yes it can work.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i would never get back together with the father of my child..we're civil with each other for the sake of our daughter...but..other than that..i hate his guts!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:57 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Of course they can. Depends on the people and the circumstances. Both people need to be on the same page as far as working on the relationship.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It happened to me. I divorced my husband. He got himself together, quit drinking, fixed his priorities and won me back after a long chase. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen, I'm proof positive of that! We're very happy now. I have the husband of my dreams and my kids have the father they always deserved. Good luck!!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:09 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• yes they can get back togetter because if you still love each other its good for the children too we got back togetter twice and we are happy the children are happy having their dad back so are we happy being back togetter have ages now.
    supermum2

Answer by supermum2 at 3:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yes, it can happen and sometimes people are much happier the 2nd time around
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• me and hubby had our 1st at 15 and 17...got married at 16 and 18...we have had 3 more children and are expecting another..we have seperated 2 times in those 7 years for no more than 2 mths at a time...last time was 4 yrs ago. Yes, it can work....we were just really young.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 7:28 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I would say absolutey. People change, situations change. Sometimes you don't know what you had until its gone right? I wouldn't say go back into the same situation or empty promises. Follow your heart...it is usually right.
    Blinky1989

Answer by Blinky1989 at 7:56 AM on Jan. 2, 2009