my daughter is 6 mounths old and still isnt eating baby food, and wont sleep through the night. any suggestions

ive tried green beans and carrots, but all she does is push it out with her tounge.she weighs 17lbs and is always hungry, shes also still not sleeping through the night and wakes up about 5 times per night, i think the food will help but i cant get her to eat it

klynnsmommy

Asked by klynnsmommy at 1:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• If she's pushing it out, she's not yet ready. Back off and try again in a week. It's not a problem that she's not eating solids...they're not yet nutritionally important for her.

As to the waking...normal. And solids tend to make babies wake MORE, not less.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Try Thinner Baby Foods Like Applesauce & Pears
    LilWillsMom88

Answer by LilWillsMom88 at 9:08 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Try bananas. You could use the jarred baby food kind. The flavor is similar to breast milk and she's more likely to take it. If all you have started her on is green beans and carrots, I'm not surprised she wouldn't take it. The flavor is way different then what she is used to and she is still learning about texture. Make sure she is hungry when you try to feed her the solids. She is more likely to take them then. :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 9:43 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i put rice cereal in my babies formula bottles. When you are feeding her listen to make sure she is getting the formula/cereal out. If not you might need to shake the bottle a little and squeeze the nipple to insure the food isn't clogging the holes. I also started my kids on rice cereal before other baby foods. hope this helps
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 12:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2009