Can I still use my oven if the inside glass window shattered?

After cooking dinner last night my oven glass door popped and shattered. Nothing hit it, nothing was in the oven. I had just shut the oven off and heard it pop few minutes after. I'm wondering if the oven is still usable?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 9:18 AM on Sep. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I don't think I would, I would worry about it doing it again and maybe blowing out the whole window, plus can you be sure that there is n't tiny shards of glass in the oven? I am curious to know how you would fix this? When you find out let us know,, is the oven less than a year old? It may be covered by somekind of warranty,,,,,but I really probably wouldn't use it.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:22 AM on Sep. 21, 2011

• I agree with kimi. I'd be worried that the glass would burst further maybe sending shards everywhere. I wonder if you could just get the model number (if it isn't under warranty) and order a new door rather than having to order an entire new stove
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 9:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2011

• I don't think I would use it either. Maybe call the manufacturer?

ZachsMom325

Answer by ZachsMom325 at 9:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2011

• I wouldn't use it because the glass is there to protect you from the heat. It is possible to get the glass replaced but I would get that done before using it again.
    jenn981478

Answer by jenn981478 at 9:27 AM on Sep. 21, 2011

• No,I would not use it. It is a safety hazard now.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:27 AM on Sep. 21, 2011

• No, do not use the oven in that condition!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2011