I'm looking for a group here? Can u help?? PLEASE???

Okay, so the type of group I am looking for is a group where family members or others are raising someone else's kids. My situation::I have temp. custody of my sister's 2 kids bc she went to prison, their dad has nothing to do with them. I would really like a group that deals with similar issues, I really need some support!! Thank you so much! Please message me!!!

karawillis81888

Asked by karawillis81888 at 1:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• You can go to groups and put in a key word in the search box. You could put in something simple like "raising someone elses kids" and see what you come up with. Try a variety of different things and you'll probably find the group your looking for.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• are you getting counceling for your family that would be very hard bring up somebody else children lease your giving him or her better life is their myum ok sorry to hear about that savation army would help you
    supermum2

Answer by supermum2 at 4:57 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• it takes alot to rasie somebody else children what lovely thing your doing though i normal work with disbulity adults feeding and personal needs i find it very rewarding and love helping people
    supermum2

Answer by supermum2 at 5:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• See if there is a Foster Family support group on here. You are essetially a foster family, even though the children are related to you, and many foster children go through the same issues. Best wishes to you and the children.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Search for a group using the word "Kinship" - that is how it referrenced when a family member is providing foster care (essentially) for a child.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 8:59 AM on Jan. 2, 2009