Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your husband is drunk and he hits your kid on his butt really hard when he's got a rash, what would you do?

me and my stupid husband are getting into an arguement right now because he did that, and hes yelling at me because I got mad at him for doing that too my son, hes obviously drunk and hes telling me he wants to break my computer, what should I do? I wish I can call the cops but I dont want a big scene infront of the neighbors.


Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (28)
  • Wait till he's calm and sober then talk to him about it. Until then leave with your son, go somewhere where you'll both be safe so that you're not in that situation. We have spanked our kids and are firm believers that it should be done with a clear head! No spanking in anger or drunkeness. Maybe you guys should put some rules into play. Like no drinking in the presence of your son, when to spank and why.

    Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • Don't worry about your neighbors! Protect you and your son!

    Call the cops.

    Answer by girlneffy at 1:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • It sounds like he's causing a big scene in front of your child....that's who I would be worried about right now. Call the cops if you feel threatened.


    Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:45 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • Let him break your computer protect your child. One of the worst things you can do is pick an arguement with someone who is drunk. Sometimes it's better to wait until the morning when they are sober to say something to them. The average drunk person isn't going to act rationally. Chances are he didn't meant to hit your son as hard as he did but because he was drunk had no control over it. Tak e your son and go stay somewhere else for the night . Let him sober up and talk in the morning when you're both in the right frame of mind.

    Answer by bubblycute at 1:50 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • Aside from the drunk issue, if he isn't the kid's bio father he shouldn't be punishing him anyway. But I don't think you hopping on the internet to ask us this is going to help your situation either.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • if your scared for your kids and your safety GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND CALL THE COPS NOW!! if he keeps hurting your child and you dont do nothing about it your just as guilty as him and you can get in big trouble!!!!

    Answer by momavanessa at 2:06 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • he spank my son just because he got my toothbrush from the restroom. My computer cost me over 1,000 dollars so I dont want him messing with it either! my son isnt crying anymore but my ignorant hubby is still telling me shit, and he called me a b*tch and I hate it when he says shit like that he should call his mom that because thats what she really is, not me!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • Call the cops, period. I was in this situtaion a few months ago and it took me a lot of courage to finally call them. They were very nice and they helped me save my family and son. Trust me, once he hits him once, he will do it again no matter what he promises and says.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • Sounds like you both need to give each other a lot of space tonight and cool down. How did his mother get into the picture? Stop arguing before more people get hit and something gets broken. Your husband definitely overreacted with your son. The rash part doesn't matter as much as him hitting him over dumb reasons in the first place. You should have a serious talk about that when he is sober, about his temper and the drinking. You son should not be the one caught in the crossfire.

    Answer by hopelessnance at 2:49 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

  • young he's too young

    Answer by shmorris56 at 3:01 AM on Jan. 2, 2009