how long did you breast feed?

mom2two0608

Asked by mom2two0608 at 1:54 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I breastfed my two youngest children. My dd who is 4, I breastfed until she was 19 months. My ds who is 22 months, he was 16 months. I absolutly loved breastfeeding, good luck to you.
    ncmamaof5a

Answer by ncmamaof5a at 2:03 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I only got to for a month cuz i ended up getting pankriatitis and had to be hospitalized for a week.. i wanted to do it till my son got teeth
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 2:04 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• 3.5 months. My milk dried up and after 2 weeks of pumping every hr and a half I had to give up. Next time I swear I am not using the pump (I think this is the cause of my milk drying up).
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 2:16 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• 21 months, we are almost weaned now, by his choice.
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 2:18 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• still going strong at almost 16 months. I expect to be tandem nursing in about eight months.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 2:22 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• 21 months and still going strong!
    CashJulianMommy

Answer by CashJulianMommy at 2:34 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I nursed my first two til they were 10 months old. I'm still nursing my youngest, he's 23 months old.
    3littleloggers

Answer by 3littleloggers at 2:55 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• 26 months.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:09 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I could only do it for a couple of months. With my first daughter I was living with my first in-laws and they forbade me to come out of my room to breastfeed so I would sit in my room crying from post-partum depression and in pain because I didn't think she was latching on correctly. I was also engorged. I finally gave up. I didn't even try with my second daughter from my second marriage because I remembered how horrible it was with my first. With my third daughter I wanted to try one last time, but I was super engorged!!! I was told to pump to ease the pressure, but not to do it too often so I wouldn't overproduce. I was leaking all over the place, my bed was soaked when I woke up, and it would choke my baby when she started to suck. It was bad.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:45 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• as long as you like to its your chocie i breast feed for 5 months but i prem babies three pound
    one at 33 weeks 7 weeks ealier one at three pound six i loved breast feeding it was a good bond
    i

+

supermum2

Answer by supermum2 at 4:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2009