Has anyone else used Clomid successfully?

I was diagnosed one year ago this January with PCOS and Hypothyroidism. My husband and I tried to get pregnant for sixteen months, then decided to take a break, after the diagnosis. I have been on Sprintec (bcp) to regulate my cycle since August, and we just decided to go ahead and try Clomid for the first time, at the first available opportunity. I have my annual Well Woman check up on the 6th, and I am planning to ask my doctor about doing Clomid in February. Have any of you had a similar experience, with PCOS, Hypothyroidism, an-ovulatory cycles, and Clomid? I am excited and extremely anxious! We are not telling anyone we are ttc, and plan to wait until I am through the first trimester before announcing we are expecting.

sometimes-hope

Asked by sometimes-hope at 2:01 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My good friend was on Clomid for many reasons. They were successful with two babies. I believe it took about 4-6 months for her to conceive each one.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:04 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I too have pcos found out about five years ago. I started clomid in november 07 and took it on and off again do to cysts. I think in about a years time I only ovulated 3 times. With clomid or any other meds they might put you on can cause cysts and soo they have to do an internal ultra sound at the frist of every period. . Umm I never got pregnant with clomid but the month I decided to stop trying I got pregnant. I took clomid (a super high dose) in the begaining of october didnt ovulate. I decided I needed a break from all the stress of trying. In November I didnt go back to the doctors I was done with all the probing and the bad news. I just found out monday I am pregnant! If we go by my period I am somewhere around 8wks. I am not sure if its because clomid can sometimes carry over until the next month or if its because we stopped trying. I have a feeling its a little of both.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 4:58 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I had annovulatory cycles and possible PCOS without the cysts and Clomid worked for me 2 times. I used it 3 different cycles and got pregnnant two of them. Also, if you are not on Metformin for your PCOS, mention that to your doctor. I got pregnant once just from being on Metformin for a month after 9 months of not ovulating at all.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I was on Met for about nine months with no results, and a constantly upset stomach. I will probably go back on it with the Clomid, though. Last time we almost used Clomid, the doc said she wanted me to use a combination.
    sometimes-hope

Answer by sometimes-hope at 12:21 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I took 7 rounds of clomid and got pregnant on 200 mg. I only ovulated 3 out of the 7 times and ovulated really late.
    kakki81

Answer by kakki81 at 6:06 PM on May. 12, 2009

• FYI

Hello everyone, i was on my second course of clomid and started to have SEVERE cramping, i went to the ERa nd they found a softball sized cyst on my R ovary and a 3 cm cyst on my left. With these cysts I cannot concieve, and My doctor is taking a VERY laze fare approach, my heart is so broken I want a new baby but the dr says it will be months before i can concieve, PLEASE EVERYONE BE AWARE of the side effects of cysts and the danger of taking clomid THE SIGNS OF A CYST ARE PREGNANCY SIGNS nausa, fatigue, and food aversions

PLEASE BE CAREFULL WITH CLOMID.
    mammallamadrama

Answer by mammallamadrama at 1:14 AM on Sep. 2, 2009