I have never taken care of an infant. I will be soon though! What books do you suggest I pick up for a reference guide?

I know almost NOTHING about infant care. I am going to need some serious help!

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 2:08 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The Baby Book by Dr. Sears. I love this book, It's a pretty big read, but worth it! I skipped the parts about older babies and toddlers and cam back to them and read as my boy got older. It's my baby bible lol!
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 3:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Places like Babies R Us and your local hospital have some classes you can take that help those who don't have much experience.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Ha ha, you know what makes it worse? I had my OB clinical rotation like seven years back for nursing school. I remember NONE of it!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• yep parenting classes never hurt anyone. Check with your hospital or Family Agency and see what they have. A book I liked was What to Expect in the First Year. There was another good one but I can't remember it, I'll go check google and try to get back to you
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 2:18 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I believe there's a baby book in the What To Expect series. I honestly cannot remember what book I used with my first child, but I threw it out the window with my second and third children...lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• expecting when not expecting
    supermum2

Answer by supermum2 at 6:37 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• What to expect when your expecting was my BIBLE for the first year of my daughter's life!
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 7:03 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• What to expect when your expecting and what to expect in for the first year. These books are great you can read from cover to cover or use the index to look up certain situations etc... love, love, love these books.
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 7:55 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i HIGHLY recommend HAPPIEST BABY ON THE BLOCK (DR.HARVEY KARP) it's not so much about infant care (fevers, baths, feedings, etc) but it is how to calm your baby, and help them sleep. i don't think i would have survived the first few months without it!!!!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 8:41 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I don't recommend any books. Hands on exprience is the best. Do you have friends/family with babies? A co-worker who might let you chnage a few diapers?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jan. 2, 2009