Holy stretchmarks Batman!

Eight months.... a whole EIGHT months of massaging my belly three times daily with oils to prevent stretchmarks. Yep... now at the end of my 8th month my belly, especially around my navel, is covered in those bright red streaks of battle.

So ladies, my question to you is... Do you think you have ever prevented stretchmarks?

I know that I didn't

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 2:26 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• LOL...if your skin does not have enough elasticity, then you cannot prevent stretchmarks no matter what you do. I even heard genetics has something to do with them. My daughter has applied a special lotion made to prevent stretch marks since she first found out she was pregnant and was proud to boast of no stretchmarks during her first 6 months of pregnancy. Even though she has continued with the lotion religiously, the baby has grown very large and she is now popping stretchmarks all over...LOL. She is most embarassed about her breasts, though - they are covered with them!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:26 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I did. I had 2 and I have none. I didn't gain a lot of weight and used cocoa butter ever since I knew I was pregnant.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:28 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• With my first I didn't want to rub cream or anything on my belly. Hate the feeling of creams or lotions on my skin. So my husband would do it every night before we'd go to bed. I especially hate it on my palms! By 8 months my first appeared and I said that's it enough with the cream it dosen't work! I harldy bothered with my second, escept to put it on when it was getting itchy. The second pregnancy made my stretch marks from the first stretch and pucker! lol what fun. My kids know that they caused those marks and they are named after them! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 7:28 AM on Jan. 2, 2009