Payton?

isn't it spelled Peyton?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• idk that's a weird name for a girl, my niece's name is Peyton. Isn't that a guys name?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I guess it's all up to the person naming the child. My son's nickname is Coty...but most people spell it Cody. :-)
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:31 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• it means 'from the fighter's farm'. weird.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• That name sucks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• don't tell Peyton Manning from the Colts his name sucks..
    I agree with it NOT being aname for a girl. Where DO some ppl come up with names?
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 2:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I know a guy who's last name is Payton. I think it started out as a surname and someone liked it so much, they used it as a first name. I think it is acceptable either way. There are so many names that sound absolutely ridiculous and I think this one is far from that. I do think it sounds more masculine, but so does Reagen, and apparently, parents are naming their daughters that . . . . so, many names have become unisex. Either way, this name is far from outlandish, and it will grow with your child without all the "talk" and snickers!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:49 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Many names are being spelled different ways nowadays. The name Peyton reminds me of a show or book called "Peyton Place" that my friend liked many years ago. Never saw or read it myself, though.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:22 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Peyton Place was like an adult saop...a show of who was screwing whom...so that is what I think of when I hear the name. To each their own though...names these days take on all kinds of meaning and either gender depending on mom. I am sure our G-ma's would think what we are named was weird compared to back in their day.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:26 AM on Jan. 2, 2009