When you think of the name Jameson, does your mind go straight to whiskey?

Mine doesn't but my husband doesn't like it. I am trying to convince him to let me name our unborn son that, but he just isn't keen on the idea of our son having the same name as a liquor.

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 2:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• one of my best friends last name is jameson, thats what we call him so thats what I think of right away, but then it goes to the whiskey. I think its a good name. I don't think he'll be teases about it or anything except for maybe from the kids of alcholics who might actually know that Jamensons is whiskey hehehehehe
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 7:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• yeah it does actually.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• For me it goes right to porn, but I don't exactly know why.

Huh....

Maybe I am losing it.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:40 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• No. I thought of Jenna Jameson first lol.
    ZBabies

Answer by ZBabies at 2:40 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think it depends on your last name. I was told when I was trying to name my oldest(who is now 28) the best way to name a baby is yell it like your dealing with a naughy 2 yr old...You will do alot of that let me tell ya!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 2:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It made me think of my sister's childhood best friend. Jamison . . a girl. I actually was not aware that that was the name of a liquor. My sister's friend is now about 35 or 36 . . . I always thought her name sounded like a boys name. I like the name for a boy. Another name that reminds of Jameson, is Bronson . . . I don't know, I think they both sound very . . . educated and classy. Most people won't know that that is a type of alcohol . . . and I drink . . . I may be more of a beer drinker, but I served for years and that name doesn't say "liquor" to me, not one bit. I hope you can convince your husband, it's a different name without being "made up." Good Luck Mama, I think you have good taste!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• LOL, yeah Jenna Jameson, that is why my mind went to porn. I am not losing it after all.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Oh and to add... I do like the name Jameson.

My niece is named Brandi and she is 21. Nobody associates her with Brandy the liquor unless it is brought up by her.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 3:01 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• There's a whiskey named Jameson???

I thought of J. Jonah Jamison, myself. If you don't know Spider-Man, you won't get it.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:08 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yes it does..for both actually. But then again my friend just had a baby boy and named him Johnnie Walker ... LOL
    Carla426

Answer by Carla426 at 4:05 AM on Jan. 2, 2009