I have some sleepy time tea I would like to try tonight to see if it will help me fall asleep. I am pregnant, have you ever asked...

have you ever asked your physician about the use of herbal teas while pregnant? Are there any guidelines? Is it safe?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 2:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know some are but you can find a list to avoid on the internet. Often times they will have warnings on the box to avoid taking large amounts in pregnancy. I drink the sleepytime tea.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:41 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i was told to stay away from peppermint and green teas... =( two i really like
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 2:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I've heard that Red Raspberry Leaf tea strengthens the uterus in preparation for labor, but I've also heard that it can induce contractions. These were both by word-of-mouth, so I would ask your OB for any and all advice concerning anything questionable you put into your body. I've never heard of Sleepy Time harming a pregnant woman or her child, though.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• tea should keep you awke go for walk in fresh air watch your flavorite movie music
    supermum2

Answer by supermum2 at 6:02 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• make love that should relax you baby
    supermum2

Answer by supermum2 at 6:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• A lot of herbal teas are bad for you in pregnancy. You can look it up on the internet, but you're not even supposed to drink green tea. I only drink decaf black tea, decaf chai, and i think earl grey is ok, anything black. I think there are only 1 or 2 herbal teas u can actually drink while pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jan. 2, 2009