is kool aid good for kids for a snack?

some one told me kool aid was bad for my kids

85sweetmom

Asked by 85sweetmom at 6:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think the Dyes are not good in no foods especially all that sugar that it has....You should look into different natural juices.
    luvdby2angels

Answer by luvdby2angels at 6:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• i give my 2yo kool aid all of the time. kool aid can be bad for any one B/C of all the sugar. i have a trick i use the Splenda packs for kool aid like drinks. and he loves it. (ps my kids doc says Splenda is OK for kids.)
    cokalea

Answer by cokalea at 6:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• The only thing about kool aid I wouldn't think was good for you is all of the sugar that goes into it. For that reason I don't give it to my son. Since he was old enough to drink anything other than just milk we have only given him water and 100% juices( half a cup of juice mixed with half a cup of water). occasionally he has a sip of our pop or something, but he mainly drinks water. Training your kids early on to eat and drink healthy will help them in the long run. Kool aid is ok for an occasional treat, but I wouldn't recommend it as something given on a daily basis.
    titusmommy

Answer by titusmommy at 6:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• All the dye and sugar is pretty bad for anyone, but that said, I grew up on kool aid and we still drink it from time to time. I just limit it now because of all the sugar.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 6:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• It's not good. try capri sun or juicy juice, it's all natural.
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• there is just so much sugar in kool aid,i agree with other answere look to jucies that say 100% juice ,not juice drink.Although all juice has sugar the the 100% juice has natural sugars in them no artifical sweetners
    nikki7376

Answer by nikki7376 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• For children who suffer from ADD or ADHD, Red Dye #40 is like giving them cocaine! Anything with Red Dye #40 will send them through the roof! It isn't the sugar that makes them hyper. It is also bad to give foods/drinks with blue and yellow dye. They are not as bad, but will give the same hyper effect. Stick to Capri Suns. They are all natural and have no food dye coloring except natural grape juice for coloring.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• people have been giveing there kids koolaid for years and years before i was born... i'm pretty sure it hasnt killed anyone yet....
    Sweet_nothings

Answer by Sweet_nothings at 7:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• How is it a snack when there is no nutritional value in it?
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• a cookie is tech. a snack but it has no nutritional value either...whats your point???
    Anonymous