• In the Spotlight:

Period or decidual bleeding?

OK so, I have had pregnancy symptoms all last month and theres a VERY good chance I could be pregnant but on December 26th I started bleeding lightly very lightly, then a little more the 27th then lightly on the 28th and just spotting the 29th and that was all. my periods are never that light, they usually are very heavy the first two days and get lighter as it goes and usually last for 5-6 days,
i also had very bad cramps on the first day.
does this sound like pregnancy or just my period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Many women have "periods" or spotting during their pregnancy. Have you tested positive on a pregnancy test yet? If you haven't taken a test yet, then you won't know for sure if you are pregnant. If you are and you are still concerned, speak to your OB - they are the biggest mind-relievers and would be able to tell you for sure if it was "normal" for your individual case. Best wishes to you!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:43 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I took a few pregnancy tests early on in December, and all were negative, the last one i think was on the 20th? or the 19th and all were negative
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think it was your period. but it never hurts to get a blood test ordered by your ob.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 6:57 AM on Jan. 2, 2009