How can I handle this?

This past April, I found out that I was pregnant. At the end of July I ended up having a miscarriage. I was 4 1/2 months pregnant. A couple of days before I had the miscarriage, my boyfriends sister-in-law found out that she was pregnant. I used to get along great with her. But ever since I had the miscarriage, it has been so hard to even look at her. My 'was supposed to be' due date is coming up, and I'm feeling more and more emotional. My boyfriend doesn't understand, and there's really not anyone I can talk to that doesn't tell me to just get over it. I know it's been 5 months since my miscarriage, but it still hurts. My boyfriend does understand. And my boyfriend's sister in law, doesn't understand why our friendship isn't the same.. I know there are other people that have been in my shoes? But how can I handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First of all, I am so very sorry for the loss of your little angel. I know a piece of your heart must be lost and gone. Secondly, I am very sorry that I have never been in your shoes so do not have any words of wisdom or advice from someone who has "been there," but I can certainly empathize with the loss of a loved one, as I have lost someone special to me, too. I do not think it should be expected of you to "get over" what you have gone through and "move on" with your life as if nothing happened. Is there a grieving counseling group in your area that you can attend so that you can be with other parents who are going through the same problems you are facing? Even some one-on-one counselling would help a bit and it is nothing to be ashamed of. You are in my thoughts and prayers. {{{HUGS}}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:39 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Grief counseling would be in order.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:52 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Sweetie I just want to say I am so sorry. I had my MC in Sept. and it still hurts, and my hubby doesnt understand. I dont really think he ever will. And also right now at this moment I have 2 friends that are preg. and it just hurts so bad, but I want sooooo bad to be happy for them. Time heals the pain is what Im told. My mom had a MC 28 years ago and she said she thinks about that baby she was aslo 4 and half months, On its due date she said she wonders where is would be and what is would have done with life.....But hun good luck with everything, and may you be blessed!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• sorry to hear that but im not too sure it will very hard for you both but boyfriend should be more supported of you and think of your feeling more and mottions
    supermum2

Answer by supermum2 at 6:05 AM on Jan. 2, 2009