I need help with my 2 year old daughter

Ok back during the summer my 2 year old started twisting and knotting her hair up so bad that you had to cut the knot out.

now when she twists it up and there's a knot she will pull her hair out. It's getting so bad that on each side of her head she has big bald patches.

I've tried the time out thing, Telling her to play with ear, to rub her head. Nothing is working .

Does anyone have any suggestion on what I should do?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This may sound harsh but cut her hair short.... not like a boy cut or anything... but cute it short enough... then she will get tired of not being able to wear her hair up and wear pretty things in her hair..... i had to do that with my sis... she did the same thing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• go to the hair dresses that what had to do it the knotts out
    supermum2

Answer by supermum2 at 5:20 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I personally would be taking my child to her pediatrician...it just dont seem normal that a child is pulling her own hair out enough to leave bald spots!
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 6:56 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• You could try a reward chart? Everytime she goes a day without pulling hair out she gets a star on the chart then if she manages to get 10 stars she can get a present, and so on. Or get her hair cut shorter so that it is impossible to knot it. Sounds harsh now but it might get her out of the habit and it can always grow back.
    tripletmomtobe

Answer by tripletmomtobe at 7:36 AM on Jan. 2, 2009