anyone out there with millinial children (25 & under) what is the problem with them. why dont they go to college get a degree and work. my yuppie who is almost 30 did that and she is doing great. the last 2. work 2-3 jobs want to start at the top, dropped out of college, barely finished h.s. what is the problem?

why do they want to start at the top with barely a h.s diploma-let alone the fights about going to college. this is what is called the millinial children of today. own business'. 2-3 jobs working their butts off and not getting by. anyone with children 25 & under have this problem? my older 1 age 29 is the end of the yuppies, went to at least 2 years college her and her husband(same age). have a house, good jobs-my chunky monkey-baby M & M. who by the way will be 1 next week. the 2 younger ones can not afford to even think marrage.

Asked by ladylindasue at 2:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• I think it is due to a sense of entitlement. We spent so many years worrying about these kids self-esteem, that now they are full of it and self-centered and self-absorbed. It's not you, it's how society has changed.

Answer by oskimomma at 2:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Welcome to the "ME" generation.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I believe it is because many of them didn't have to work for things when they were kids. Mom and Dad gave them everything they ever wanted and because of this as adults they think everyone still owes them. We have a neighbor that is 27 married with 3 kids. Doesn't have to pay any house payment and so he has money to waste.

Answer by sew4heaven at 3:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I read all three answers and agree with them all. I am on the upside to 50 and remember when we had to save our allowance to get that pair of designer jeans we wanted because Mom wasn't forking out that kind of cash. You saved for what you wanted and appreciated it all the more. Kids today are running around in $300 pair of sneakers to keep up with the neighbors. I think we need to start rethinking what we teach our children. I am raising my granddaughter and I am training her old school. Hope this helped.

Answer by doitagainmom at 7:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• spoiled them and didn't teach them a sense of anything important. I have 4 under 25...2 have been to college and have their future mapped out and the younger 2 are in high school with goals which include college. They learned valuable lessons from us, were not spoiled and never felt like anything should handed to them.

• i guess they suck then. i'm 20, graduated in the 10%, and i'm in my 2nd year of college. oh all this with a one year old.

• Maybe they feel they will never be as good as the Yuppie.

• My son finished high school in the top 10% of his class and had college as a goal. He went to school and had a horrible roommate situation and with it, horrible grades. He lost all self-esteem. He came home to go to Community College and "regroup" and has dropped out of that, as well. He works 40 hours a week at a little above minimum wage job but just not motivated. I also have a rising high school junior who also has college as a goal, and he's also in the top 10%. I haven't pushed him as much trying to avoid "burn out" that you read about. I wish I had an answer son acts like I'm stupid when I try to tell him he needs to go back again to school but when something doesn't go right, he calls me. I'd love answers and advice!

Answer by ANGELMOMAND3 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• You raised them. You can't blame the generation. Blame the people who raised the generation!

• My husband and I are 24. We had our first child and got married at 19. We are that generation you are complaining about. My husband got his degree while I worked full time. At the age of 22 with 2 children we were able buy a house and have 2 decent cars paid off. Now at the age of 24, I am a SAHM, with a third child on the way. My husband and I have NEVER accepted a handout from anyone. Everything that we have, we have earned. We were rasied this way.

I have to say, I find this question offesive.