how do you stopp your children running around it stress me they are being naughty

how do i stopp my children from running around the house and doesnt listern to me dad at work six year old girl

supermum2

Asked by supermum2 at 4:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Tell them that walking is for inside, running is for outside.....as for the rest i dont know what is happening that you dont like..... running inside is not naughty....they have energy to burn, send them outside to run and jump and such....Get them to the park ......... As for not listening to you, be firm with them, tell them they cannot watch such and such or cannot have such and such till whatever is done........ taking things away hurts more than anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i agree with Anonymous @1:45
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 5:53 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• she needs energy to burn, kept inside all day, she needs some exercise, does she go to school?
    do you remembe?r running around, when, you were young? or did you just sit quite in the chair? i didn't, was always running and playing at that age, you should be happy, you have a child that can run and play, with the weather in some places, its hard to go outside, and play, give her some activity books, coloring books, card games, something to stimulate her mind, so she doesn't, drive you crazy, okay, hope this helped you out? and you can send me messages if you like, thanks, mona
    chilimidos62

Answer by chilimidos62 at 6:39 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I agree with annonymous but your kids may also be bored. It's christmas break and I'm not sure where you are but where I live it's too cold right now to go out and play and my kids all have colds as it is. What I've tried doing is playing with them a lot! Keep them busy. My kids can get naughty and drive me up the flippin' wall! But I find that as long as I'm consistent with the rules and keep them busy then they stay out of trouble, mostly!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 6:39 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Kids that age have A LOT of energy to burn. They are probably bored.

As for not listening, you have to set up a discipline routine. If they aren't listening to you, you need to make them face consequences for their actions. You also have to be consistent with your rules and regulations for the house. You can't let them do something one day and not the next.
    Mom2Rebekah

Answer by Mom2Rebekah at 8:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• If I catch my kids running they get a warning. If they run after the warning--they stand in the corner. I don't tolerate running in my house since someone ALWAYS gets hurt.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• You tell them what you want done. If they don't do it, you spank their bare behinds until they understand that you are the one in charge in your home. It may take a while to convince them that they are not the boss and that you are, but it can be done. You tell them what you expect and what will happen if they don't meet your expectations, and you enforce your rules. Once they get the idea that you will not put up with their behavior, your home will become much more peaceful.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• redirect her have her color, read a book to her, make it clear that if she wants to run around go outside and play. My 4 year old twins are always running wild I remind them that there is no running allowed in the house. I allow them to watch movie, play in their room, read to them, make them go play in our back yard. On rainy days it can get more changeling  take her to lunch at Mc. Donalds take advantage of the indoor play area! I usually feed them lunch first go to Mcdonalds and I have a coffee while the kids are playing then Ill get them cookies or ice cream before we leave.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Kids are designed to run and play. I say do it with her. Before you know it, she'll be wanting to go run off with her friends, not you anymore. The time goes by so much faster than you realize. Just think about it.......can you believe how fast time went since she was first born? Seemed like she's never sleep through the night, right? Now she's running around and most likely in school.

You wanted to a mommy, so be one. Children don't ask to be born into this world. We invite them and God is gracious enough to trust them in our care for a short while. So play with her as much as you can before the time is gone and you have regrets later on. You do want to see your grandchildren right? If she thinks of you as a boring mom who's constantly harping on her and telling her to sit down and be quiet , she won't want to visit with her kiddos when she's older.
    proverbsmommy4

Answer by proverbsmommy4 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• bundle them uip and send em outside! I don't care if it's cold- give them a heavy coat. Let them jump in the mud, kick a ball, run a race, bike in the dreway... just get them out. Sounds like you're ALL going crazy!!!

Organuzed activity helps too. Playdough, board games, painting, coloring, drawing, (go to noggin.com and let them play some games!!) there's TONS of stuff they can do WITH you. Try to invovle them where you can. Let them dump stuff into your mixing bowl at dinner, let them throw some laundry from wash to dryer, let them feed the dog, give them turns pushing the vaccuum... involve them in what YOU're doing as well as give them something cool to do.

Hope that helps!
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 4:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2009