my son werent eat problemy

my son is 3years10months and doesnt eat problemy want should i do

supermum2

Asked by supermum2 at 6:27 AM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He will eat when he is hungry. Why do you think he isn't eating properly?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• If you are worried that he isn't eating properly then just make sure you give him plenty of healthy foods and you are doing your part, he'll eat when he's hungry. If you get REALLY concerned about him then talk to your dr.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 6:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• ive been seeing a specialist about it it doesnt work
    supermum2

Answer by supermum2 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• seen a food expect aswell we are not sure it frashtrating
    supermum2

Answer by supermum2 at 8:40 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• How much does he weigh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• What WILL he eat??

Take what he will eat and try and include that in his meals in some way. My son was and still is the same way. I feel it a breakthrough when we can get him to eat anything that is not "junk".

I also let him choose some of his foods while we shop. That way, he feels he is in some sort of control of his food. Like, he loves mac n cheese, so I let him choose the box. One day it is regular, the next he wants the Spiderman shaped noodles. He eats with no problem there.

The other day, he saw frozen nuggets in the freezer at the store and they were dinosaur shaped. He wanted them, so we bought them. For the first time in over a year, I am able to have him eat nuggets again.

I wish you luck and if you need more ideas, feel free to PM me.
    missmissy

Answer by missmissy at 9:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• if he's underweight, then i would be concerned, but my four year old sometimes has eating "spurts". sometimes he eats great, sometimes french fries all day. so i give him flinstone vitamins (only one a day, though), and make sure he has plenty to drink. he'll eat when he's hungry(like kat122 said)...and they usually eat healthy foods on their own(carrots, fruit, etc), unless already influenced by other kids that some food is "yucky"!! good luck
    samkimber80

Answer by samkimber80 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I've gotten alittle mean. I chop things super super small or puree them and hide them in her foods. Caulflower and carrots in her Mac n Cheese. Spinach and onions and carrots in spagetti sauce. Caulflower is GREAT in mashed spuds.
    There are a few books you could look at.
    Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld
    The Sneaky Chef by Missy Lapine
    Kids Favorites made Healthy by Better Homes and Gardens.
    The Moms' Guide to Meal Makeovers by Janice Bissex
    Emyann

Answer by Emyann at 6:05 AM on Jan. 4, 2009